LED GREEN POWER
Download LED's document
- There are over 20 billion light fixtures using incandescent, halogen, or fluorescent
lamps worldwide. 22% electrical energy is used for lighting, 42% of that generated by
incandescent bulbs. This represents 9% of total electricity used.
According to the Department of Energy, in the next 20 years rapid adoption of LED lighting in the U.S. can:
- Reduce electricity demands from lighting by 62 percent
- Eliminate 258 million metric tons of carbon emissions
- Save 108 TWh (Terawatt = 1 trillion) of electricity per year
- Avoid building 133 new power plants
- Anticipate financial savings that could exceed $280 billion
Incandescent lamps will be phased out:
- In Europe from 2009 to 2012
- In Australia and Canada in 2010 and 2012, respectively
- U.S.A. by 2017, it is expected that incandescent light bulb will be totally eliminated. This would save $18 billion a year in electricity used which can be used for other electrical needs.
LED evolution could spell the end for light bulbs.
In 2005, a group of engineers first developed a prototype design stemming from the
need of friendly industrial, office and casino lighting. This group, formed Green Power.
After 3 years of development and testing, our successful 2008 Series was developed
and released for review by potential customers. Based on the information our technical
group received, we decided to team up and Co-brand products for industrial and
Commercial Lighting Market with the leading LED companies. This came to the
development and manufacturing of the earths' first 100% re-usable LED lighting lamps
and fixtures. The 2009 Series are CE approval.
Benefits from LEDs:
- To develop new LED lighting standards for the lighting industry while offering
an inexpensive solution for lighting replacement for the 21st Century.
The Green Power LED is designed to become a forerunner in the LED lighting
industry. The intent is to change the LED lighting standards and develop a cost
and energy efficient LED replacement.
The LED design we offer is based on semiconductor technology, not the
standard lighting technology which helps increase brightness, efficiency and
length of time in operation.
- Long lifetimes (20,000 to 100,000+ h)
- Small form factors for improved design flexibility
- Robust to thermal and vibrational shocks
- Environmentally friendly – no hazardous materials, eg mercury
- Rapid on and restrike times (<100 nS)
- Digital control with 100% dimming capability
- Highly energy efficient
- No IR or UV in beam output
- Low DC voltage operation
- Directed light output for increased system efficiency
- Lower overall total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Vivid saturated colours without filters
- Dynamic colour control – white point tuneable
- Cold start capable down to -40°C
- High-temperature operation up to 185°C junction temperature